There are so many video resources in numerous formats by now, and you have to convert these to some certain format to be able to play them on some certain device. You have to choose a video converter first. Because most video converters are similar at the first look and those applications will often have a whole lot functions and features in common, it is difficult to make a decision. In fact, there exists never the best choice however, there is always the most appropriate one for your needs.
Here we list 5 essential features of video converter software according to most users’ needs and you might want to have a look when you are interested in a video converter.
1) Support virtually all input and popular output video formats – One thing you should learn is whether or not the video converter supports the input formats that you will be converting from and also the output formats that you are converting to. The supported input formats should contain just about all video formats while the supported output formats ought to include almost all of Youtube App. As an example, Sothink Free Video Converter supports AVI (DivX, XivD), MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS, FLV, SWF, ASF, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, VOB (VCD), and DV. That will likely be enough.
Most video converters also support audio, and often the formats needs to be MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, MKA, FLAC, WAV, AIF, and AU.
What’s more, as the high-definition video came, the video converter had better support H.264 HD video conversion, too.
2) Support popular multimedia devices – To successfully and perfectly play videos on some multimedia devices, especially HD devices, you have to convert video to correct format and appropriate dimension, zoom mode, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, and so forth. It will not be essential to know those professional details when you purchase some video converter that automatically set all related properties to find the best and directly convert video for your desired target device. Just check out if the video convert software supports iPad, iPod, apple ipod touch, iPhone, iPhone 4, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 System, Zune, Wii, Blackberry, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Google Android, Nexus One, Samsung, Motorola, etc.
3) Support trimming video to clip – Because you convert files from some source video or audio, you can definitely trim the files for the part you actually need. Many video convert tools support trimming video towards the desired clip and a number of them even support cropping. Whether it is easy to trim is also important. Directly setting the beginning time and end duration of the trimmed clip will likely be great.
4) Support batch conversion and convert fast – Those are time-saving features that will be handy if you have many video files, especially big files, to transform. It is easy to learn if the video converter supports batch conversion. However, how about converting speed? Check that whether or not the converter supports multi-CPUs and multiple threads. If this does, it probably converts fast. And Sothink Free Video Converter even supports automatically shut down, sleep and hibernate when video conversion task dcouwr finished. It is another excellent feature about time-saving.
5) Easy to use – Some of the video convert goods are of wizard interface while some offer Microsoft Office style. No matter what the software program is, it should be simple to use and user-friendly. That is to express, the video converter you decide on should cause you to just need to click as opposed to to type. In addition to thinking or doubt. All converting configuration had better be automatically set and also you never need to know the facts.
What’s more – In addition there are various other features that you could consider when you are searching for in a video converter, as an example, able to preview, support image output, etc.